18 year old messing around with a 14 year old

So my dd dated a guy for 13 months and they broke up because he didnt want a relationship anymore. They were still hanging out as just friends for a while till she found out he was messing around with a girl she knows who is 14 years old and is also a friend of one of her girlfriends. He is a really nice kid but I swear he turned 18 and got stupid. Many of his friends have told him that since he is now 18 he could get into trouble with the law if he is caught and someone presses charges. I do not want to see this happen to him. My question is I was thinking about writing an annonyomous letter to his mom to tell her to talk to him before he gets himself into trouble. I doubt she knows what is going on. I am not friends with the mom. I have talked to her and we took him on vacation with us in April last year. Do you think I should stay out of it. I am worried about him. He was part of our family for over a year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Where is the 14 year old's parents? They shouldn't allow someone that old to date their daughter....
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I think you should do exactly that........write an annon. letter. Just because someone is 18 doesnt make them automatically mature and making good choices. I know some 30 year olds that are questionable on the maturity level. You are a kind women for looking out for his well being. Girls mature faster then boys, so a 14 year old can be pretty appealing if they want to be. It doesnt make it right.......but it is what it is. Best of luck...............
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Yeech.

What an idiot.

You are best out of a bad bargain - I would concentrate instead on your daughter's education and schooling and helping her make better choices in her future partners.

As for her EX - still going with the yeech factor. Stay out of it.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 12:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I dont think the girls mom knows about it. But this girl is one who always trys to take boyfriends away from other girls. She is flirting with my daughter ex and trying to take his brother from his girlfriend who happens to be my daughters friend. This girl has never had sex but has fooled around with many boys.
    BonnieMarie59

Answer by BonnieMarie59 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• This "girl" is 14.

I feel sorry for her. She would be better off in school than causing drama. However, her parents need to deal with her. Maybe they don't care, maybe they've given up. Anyway you look at it - very sad. Your intimate knowledge of this girl's virginity strikes me as a leeeetle odd. Maybe you need to take a step back from your daughter's social life.

This "boy" is now officially an adult.

I understand that you know him and like him but - he's an idiot. Stupid, stupid, stupid. If he can't learn to keep it in his pants now and to start checking IDs, then he's going to have to learn how to change diapers.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 12:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Talk to him, talk to his parents...he could get in to some serious trouble. Not all parents monitor their children. 14yo's shouldn't even be allowed to go out without their parents taking them to and from where they go and they shouldn't go out alone with anyone on dates and not even group dates at 14. 18yo's in high school don't all have parents asking them questions and keeping involved in what they do. Parents have control, they just don't always remember that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I got all this information from my daughter. I know she says she doesnt care but I know deep down she wouldnt want for him to get into serious trouble. I dont ask her questions she volunteers information. So I am not being a snoop. my dd is a good girl and does well in school and he was a great boyfriend when they were going out. I have no ill feelings towards him.
    BonnieMarie59

Answer by BonnieMarie59 at 2:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• He can date her. He just can't have sex with her.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I would send an anonymous letter to the girls parents. 

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 4:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• goood idea do it
    babymomma6

Answer by babymomma6 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2009