Why do things happen?

As I've been saying for months, I have been trying to conceive for about 8 months. My BF& I have been together for 5 yrs. and each time the topic came he always said, in a year. I know I should had left him-I did try but we are still together and engaged since July of '08. Most of his friends have kids. Tonight we had a Bday to attend. As we saw all of his friends babies, my eyes watered with the pain I felt in my chest. He now claims he wants one, but it isn't happening. I had an ectopic pregn. 2 yrs. ago, but he never wanted to try again. My fertility test came back fine, he still has not seen a doctor to determine if he has a problem. He says that I hate him, but I hate myself for wasting my time with him. I am considering getting the Ring put in in order to avoid pregnancy. Do I sound bitter because I want to give up and stop hurting? By the way he claims he loves me and is ready.

Yve538

Asked by Yve538 at 12:27 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• you know you want kids, and he's ready. sometimes you just have to relax and let it happen. the more you stress out about it, the harder it would happen. i think men have a hard time admitting that they have problem when it comes to this area. if you can, sit down and talk him into going with you to be seen by the doctor, maybe he'll change his mind. my brother and my sil was trying for the longest, and they went to the doctor together once, and it happened. so there's hope ! don't give up.
    KaydensMom99

Answer by KaydensMom99 at 1:43 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Sometimes when you want it so bad for some reason it doesn't happen. If your stressed that can effect get pg as well. If your not happy in the relationship you should let him go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My SO and I tried for years and nothing happened. I finally convinced him to have his sperm checked and that was fine. It seems I was just trying so hard that I was stressing myself out. I agree with the girls above. Try to destress. Don't think about it so much. I know it's hard not to think about it every waking moment, especially when you see a baby, but you've got to try. The first month I gave up on trying and started to focus on other things, I found out I was pregnant. Think of it this way, it'll happen when it's meant to. You don't want to have a baby with your BF right now if things arent really stable there anyway.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 4:35 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I am now more relaxed, but if his sperm is weak there's nothing I can do. Thank you all for your answers.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2009