Does anyone know how to get kool-aid out of white carpet?

mrsleighty2004

Asked by mrsleighty2004 at 12:45 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• tough stuff... u can buy it at walmart for $4 it is in the auto section but it will get anything out
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 12:47 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Try some hydrogen peroxide.. this is a good thing to use if you get menstrual blood on a mattress too, just put some peroxide on it, it'll fade til almost gone, but doesn't completely leave. I also LOVE using SHOUT, the laundry stuff, for carpet stains, just spray some on, and scrub it with a damp sponge.. stain comes right out.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• There is a commercial cleaner, I think it's called Woolite OxyDeep..anyway, it's magic in a can. We had a stain from our dog when she was very ill, and nothing I tried would work, and I tried it all. I used the one in the double can, not the plastic spray bottle. It was quick and easy...spray it on, leave it for a bit, then blot. The stain came out and there is no trace of it to this day.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I'd be tempted to use a bleach solution if the carpet is white, but test it on a hidden area first.
    Rinse out as much as you can, first. and dry with absorbent towels.
    I'd probably take a cotton swab, dip it in bleach and test an area, then using the swab, delicately put the bleach on the dyed fibers. But don't try this if the carpet isn't true white, since the bleach will remove the dye.

Answer by Bmat at 10:05 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• It takes a while, but you can steam it out with an iron. That's what I do when I get that red crystal light on my carpet. I put a wet towel over the stain, put the iron on the highest steam setting and just iron away. It does take about 15 minutes and it's good to have a pitcher of water next to you and another towel for when the stains start to lift. I've been using this method for years and I haven't burned my carpet yet.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:09 AM on Jan. 19, 2009