my daughter is three and still has a paci,is that ok?

the doctor doesnt tell me anything and i want to know if that is goin to do anything to her?i am pregnant with my 2nd

kaitbowk95

Asked by kaitbowk95 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's unecessary.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 1:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Well my oldest daughter had her until she was almost three she now has buck teeth and the dentist told me that the paci has a lot to do with it.
    sjdchbkr

Answer by sjdchbkr at 1:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• you will damage her teeth
    scoobystone1

Answer by scoobystone1 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• no its not ok, I think its harder to take them off a paci once they get older! they recomend it, up to age 2 the LONGEST! so make her throw it away and tell her we're trading for a toy lol now make sure you have money for a nice toy lol
    duckys-mom

Answer by duckys-mom at 2:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• No..I think it should be thrown away...she can't talk with that in her mouth! It's bad for her teeth, talk to your dentist!
    Preciv

Answer by Preciv at 2:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It can cause dental damage. If you take it away and she sucks her thumb it will do the same thing. I had to have braces at six to correct the damage i did to myself.
    simplystephanie

Answer by simplystephanie at 2:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• at this age it can cause problems with her teeth. I would have a dentist check her out
    Hanaas_mommy

Answer by Hanaas_mommy at 3:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• You do need to get it away from her. My oldest used hers until she was 3 (although only at bedtime) and her bottom teeth are crooked because of it. My youngest, who will be 2 next month, never used one and her teeth are straight. I know it can be really hard, mine did not want to give it up, but you need to try. We ended up putting hers in a shadow box thing along with some other baby items she got to pick out to add to it, and then hung it in her room as a cute decoration :) God luck!
    veronica1102

Answer by veronica1102 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• No - it's time to get rid of it. You can cause major dental problems such as an extreme over but from prolonged paci use.
    Rileys.Momee

Answer by Rileys.Momee at 5:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• NO - Throw it away! It will mess her teeth up and lead to problems.
    ProudOhioMom

Answer by ProudOhioMom at 5:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2008