Has anyone had a 10 pound + baby all natural???

A week ago my doctor did another ultrasound and told us that our wonderful baby boy is at 9 and 1/2 pounds! By now he is about 10 pounds and I am NOT dilated nor has he even dropped! I am a little over 39 weeks. We find out in a couple of days what we are going to do concerning labor. I can't imagine my doctor wanting to go over 40 weeks with a baby that big. However, this is my first baby and I was really wanting to try and do it all natural with out drugs and a C-Section is the last thing I want.
I do understand if things need to change and be done for the health and safety of my baby and I am willing to do anything for him. I was wondering if there have been other moms that have done it natural with a big baby. I sure hope so. I need all the support and motivation I can get right now! But no matter what happens I know I will be soooo happy that my baby is here and healthy! I can't wait!

crystal1480

Asked by crystal1480 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, me! Mine was 10 pounds, all natural! Not even a tear or anything, a truly enjoyable delivery, too! :-D

My 9 pounder was harder, left me with more trouble... But as a birth professional/birth junkie, I see that U/Ss can be off by a few pounds, and that moms can birth their babies when given the chance (and support).

KNOW that you CAN do it, and you WILL!!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:00 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• well the dr can also be off that is just basically a guess i had my son he was not 10 lbs but he was close enough i had him vaginally
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• NOT NORMAL!! I WENT TO THE DOC THE DAY BEFORE I HAD MY SON AND THEY TOLD ME HE WAS 7LBS AND LIKE 6OUNCES ORSOMETHING... YEAH RIGHT HE WAS BORN 10LBS 6 OUNCES!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My son was 11 lbs and 10 oz. I tried to have him naturally but I stopped dilating and wound up having a c-section. My husband's grandmother had 5 kids each ranging in weight from 9 lbs- 13lbs. all natural.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:00 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• A friend of my just had a little girl how was 6lbs 6oz... she had her all natural... OUCH... she had to get stitches... ALOT of them
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• They told me my son was just over 10 lbs and that I would need a cesarean.
    The u/s was wrong. My son was 8 lbs and I birthed him naturally.
    There is a local birthing center I know of who's largest natural baby was 12 lbs and 3 oz.
    Larger babies are best born in the squatting position. It allows you to open more and can also assist in not tearing. =)
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 1:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• ur doc could be off by a pound either way..... mine was 11lbs 6 oz all natural and no meds
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My son was 9 lbs 1 oz and he was natural. The U/S i had 2 days earlier said he was about 7 lbs, 12 oz. Don't count on your U/S wieght being correct. Just take your time, and relax. The more relaxed you are, the better your chances of not tearing.. Good Luck.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 4:25 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My step dad was a whoppin 13 pounds at birth, and his mom delivered him naturally! I guess it can be done! I just couldn't imagine pushing out a bowling ball!!! hahaha lol*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• biggest i had was 8 lb. 10 ounces no meds. that was hard. good luck with the ten pounder.
    nannybopeep

Answer by nannybopeep at 9:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2009