Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mold problem?

I know mold is a dangerous thing to have in your house. Iam not sure of what i should do. we have been stayng in this apartment for 4 years now and there is mold on the walls in the windows. we told the land lord he came by and I wipe down the walls with bleach then he painted over it like everything is fine.he is tryin to say it is uneven moisture in the house that is causing it. but I honestly do not know what to think, my SO thinks its the windows and the door that leaking air in we are in the middle of winter and the house is freezing! and I can not afford to move. any suggesstions are welcomed!

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

Answers (4)
  • Tell the landlord you would like to have the place looked at by a professional! They should agree to this considering you are forking out money every month and are not building up any equity!

    I know its not good to lie, but I would tell them that you are having a lot of upper respiratory problems and you're afraid it is caused by some unseen mold:)

    It is very easy to test for mold and I wouldn't stop hounding them until it was checked out BY A PROFESSIONAL!
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • I agree with the other post. There are some types of mold that can cause some serious health problems. If he refuses to do this I would start looking for another place to live.
    Lisahi

    Answer by Lisahi at 9:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • Not all mold causes the serious problems, though. Still, I think they should be willing to have it checked out for you and then you will know either way.
    BJoan

    Answer by BJoan at 11:00 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • I had to threaten to sue to get them to take me seriously on a mold problem. I had a leak they denied I had. They ended up having to replace my entire wall (exterior and interior) and my window. They are still trying to find the source of the leak. Just be persistent. Take pix too. If you spray the mold or bleach it down see how long before it comes back. Make a note of how quickly it returns and if in the same spot. Call the health dept and see what they advise.
    admckenzie

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:06 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN