You think America is divided? I think is less than some wants us to believe.

WASHINGTON (AFP) – Barack Obama has attained extraordinarily high levels of public approval, according to opinion polls released Sunday, ahead of his historic inauguration ceremony as the first African-American president.
A survey conducted by The New York Times and CBS News found a US public eager to give the president-elect a wide berth as he attempts to turn around a faltering US economy, tackle global warming, help solve the intractable Middle East peace process, along with a plethora of other mammoth challenges.
Of those surveyed, 79 percent were optimistic about the next four years under Obama, the highest level of goodwill attained by any of the past five incoming presidents.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This country wll always be divided.

If there aren't enough problems and issues to divide it, someone will THINK of one ... people just can't be happy.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i am sorry but i am sticking with ...... he did what everyone else trying to be pres. did... said whatever he had to, to win.....

he is just a great speaker and came in perfect time with that "change" and "hope" that EVERYONE (even me) wants.... but i dont think he is going to deliver..
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• ok. so do you think America is divided?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• in like 10,000,000 ways!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:30 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Sadly America IS divided and will remain divided.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Is and always will be..I am very hesitant to think Obama will do anything but harm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I just love how the OP's article snippit mentions Obama "has attained extraordinarily high levels of public approval." What NEWLY ELECTED President HASN'T achieved the same?! Let's see how quickly those approval ratings DROP after the first 100 days!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:26 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• How can there be a public opinion poll when he hasn't even DONE ANYTHING yet?!?!?!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Today we are not as divided as we will be tomorrow afternoon. Just a very sad truth. I didn't vote for Obama but I do respect him as our in coming commander in chief. Not all folks will see it that way. You can bet the world will be watching to see how America handles this new shift in our government.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I don't consider polls as reliable sources of information. They can be interpreted many different ways. For instance, if you went to DC right now and did a poll, it would overwhelmingly be in support of Obama. If you were visiting DC right now, what would be the likely event you would be attending? So you would be in support of Obama.

I feel that our country will always be divided on all issues. But we all want a good outcome, we just have a different view of how to get there. Just because we don't agree, it doesn't mean that we are wanting destruction of this wonderful country of ours.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2009