pie crusts for egg quiche?

I found a yummy recipe for egg quiche, it calls for store bought pie crusts cookie cut up small enough for a muffin pan then add eggs....
How do you make a pie crust at home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Basic pastry is:
    2 cups flour (pastry flour if you have it, all purpose if not)
    1 cup shortening, butter, or lard
    2-4 tbsp cold water
    1 tsp salt

Cut the fat into the flour, until about the size of peas. Sprinkle two tbsp cold water and mix gently. Add more water as needed, up to 2 additional tbsp, until it holds together in a ball when you squeeze it in the palm of your hand. Shape into a disk about 1 inch or so thick, and refrigerate at least 20 min. Roll, and cut as desired.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:25 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My friend from the local library wins pie contests and told me about her recipe. I never could cook so I told her I'd just screw it up . She said it's called Mother's Idiot Proof Pie Crust! I tried it and even I can't screw it up. It's simple and great tasting. 3 cups unsifted flour, 1 cup crisco, 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix all that up then mix & add 1 egg, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 4 tablespoons of Ice water. work until smooth. Divide and roll into crusts. Makes 3 crusts or 4 paper thin ones. You can rework it and save any you don't use for up to one week in the refrigerator.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:29 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Buy a container of Crisco, there is a crust recipe right on the side.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• The recipes above will all work for you! My mom ALWAYS gets the butter flavor Crisco though and uses that. She makes the best crust ever! So I would just recommend using the butter flavor!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2009