Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I was induced with my son at 38 weeks and 5 days for convience reasons..I started discussing induction with my doctor as i want to do it again this time. Well at 28 weeks he said that would be great as long as y cervix is favorable. well with my first son i was barely a fingertip..induction went easy labor no epi...well i'm now 37 weeks and 3 days. and i have an appointment tomorrow.. i have family coming in from out of town and she needs to order her train tickets so she can recieve them in the mail to be here in time. well i have an appointment tomorrow..i'll be 38 weeks and 4 days next monday and that is the date i'd like to have because i also have to arrange child care for my 2 year old..which has been discussed and that monday is the only day where i know i have someone for the whole day and over night! My question is what should i do if my doctor still won't schedule me induction?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (5)
  • what can you do if they wont schedule it?

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • cont...i'm under a lot of stress trying to get everything lined out..and it seems like my doctor isnt listening to me....i also have someother medical stuff going on...i have Pupps...and i'm miserable i've been going 2-3 days at a time with maybe an hour or 2 of sleep along with taking care of my other son! I love my doctor but i need to have this baby before i end up in the hospital with exhaustion!

    Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 2:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • I'm sorry but wah
    I had pupps too and 2yr old and a 1yr old and still had to wait any real good dr wouldnt do it just because you wanted them too.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • They don't use "E" tickets??
    How about a doula to help (you/your toddler)?
    If your doctor won't do it then know that this is a decision putting a fetus' needs as a priority~ that might not be so bad.
    There is an answer-- there is a way to make it all work out. Keep working through the options.

    Good luck!!

    Answer by doulala at 2:25 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • Interesting....the hospital where I delivered mine wouldn't allow inductions before 40 weeks without a medical reason. The reason being is the weeks can be matter what your ultrasounds say or your LMP. A lot can change in a week for the baby....

    Line up child care based on a "last minute" drop off. Family will have to come when they can...the more important thing is the development and safety of the baby.

    I had one at 36 weeks. He came home with me, had no problems (other than a weak suck for feeding), had no oxygen or anything. A friend of mine delivered at 36 weeks and her baby had to be rushed to the NICU because the lungs weren't fully developed.

    Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.