special K diet?

has anyone really lost weight eating the cereal? and if you did, what else did you do to help it out??

I have about 3 weeks to loose about 10-15 lbs. . lol any ideas?!?!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't know. I think my sister tried it many years ago.... she is still the same weight. I too have about 15 to loose.... wanna buddy-up and figure something out? Actually I got a boost today from one of the CafeMoms who asked if we could go without sugar today.... I didn't but it helped me cut back A LOT..... tomorrow I'm going for the gold on nixing the sugar.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:33 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• The better option with special K is the meal bars, they REALLY fill you up on hardly any cals. I've had some success with them.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 2:35 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i was thinking about starting the special k diet as well........ i recently started palates (sp.. but i dont feel like looking for the correct spl)... i got a video at best buy.... i havent used it long enough to know how well its working but its so simple and easy and i am hurting so i know its working...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• what i am thinking of doing is eating my bowl of cereal in the a.m., having something light for lunch, and we always have a balanced dinner. (all the food groups except the desert. . lol) and then also doing my latin dance video in the morning.

that should work right? haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• my uncle lost alot of weight that weight he used 1% milk i always thought of trying it but i dont like it lol
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 2:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I tried it... it just made me hungry! But maybe u will have better luck~
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 2:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Exercise to raise your metabolism. Cutting down on food will lower your metabolism and cause you to store fat - each time you diet your body stores more fat to save up for lean times and your "set point " is raised...this is the amount of weight your body wants to maintain. Exercising is the only way to lower your set point and raise your metabolism. Just eat healthy, take vitamins, and exercise...don't starve yourself.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 3:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Yeah, I honestly think this really won't work. Diets like this can work but as soon as you stop eating the "diet" you gain the weight and usualy more right back. You simply need to make healthier choices and work out. If I ate the small serving size of special K for breakfast and lunch everyday I'd be starving and gorge on something I shouldn't! My healthy breakfast of choice is an egg white and vegetable omelette. It ends up being under 300 calories, even with some turkey bacon and I'm full. Lunch is a salad with lots of veggies and either grilled chicken or shrimp, again about 300 calories. Dinner is usualy Chicken, Salmon, Lean Turkey or meat with steamed veggies and a small sweet potato or brown rice. I'll have to snacks of fruit such as an orange or some berries (not as sugary as other fruits such as ripe bananas)
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• The Special K diet just makes you hungry. It makes your body store fat. You can eat less of what you already have and excercise and get much better results. If you go on WebMD they have a health test that will help you figure out your numbers and all.
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 6:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• umm your looking for the cabbage soup diet there hunni if that was possible to loose that much that fast i would fit into my pre pregnancy clothes already
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 11:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2009