Kids being taken away?

Acouple of weeks ago I saw on Cnn that there were these parents that named there son Adolf Hitler and there daughter Arayan nation and a younger sibling with nazi related names. The little boy is 3 and has just been reported that they were taken away from the parents by the state. Do you think this is right? or fair?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 2:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am totally A-OK with that decision.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:33 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• idk. What was the reason they were taken away?
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 2:34 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• IDK why were they taken away? Surely not because of their names.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:34 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• well it depends on why they were taken away... im sure going to the news about the cake name issue but them under a microscope... but people DO have the right to name their children whatever they want... Adolf (which is "wrong")....apple....mercedes.... i have heard all kinds of crazy ones...

i am curious as to why they were tho...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:36 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• They were taken away for reasons NOT including their names. I saw this same story on the news and they made it clear that there were many abusive and neglectful problems in their home. CPS cannot take away children based solely on their names. Specifics on the case haven't been released due to legal issues.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 2:37 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• YES THEY SHOULD BE TAKEN AWAY !! IF YOU READ THE WHOLE STORY THERE PARENTS BELONG TO THE ARYON NATION !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Why NOT because of their names? What these people did to their children, right out of the gate, was criminal and abusive.Not every decision a parent makes is correct - having a baby does not make you automatically smarter.

Adolf Hitler Campbell; JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell; Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell

It's ridiculous and wrong and shameful. I am thankful that someone is standing up for those children - my question is, where are their grandparents? Their aunts and uncles? Why did no one care?

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• No, they shouldn't have been taken. The parents are idiots for naming them that, but would they remove a "Jesus" from a home? What about Martin Luther? That is their parents beliefs, let 'em have 'em.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Anon 2:40 what's wrong with the Aryon nation? It's not the KKK, they are not out for blood, just White rights. Same as the followers of old Jesse Jackson. I agree with Anon 3:16, would they be removed if they were named Martin Luther? I think not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I say seig heil
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Jan. 19, 2009