Does no one follow etiquette?

Does no one follow proper etiquette these days?

Honestly, when it comes to celebrations and invites etc, do parents not teach etiquette and manners anymore??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I question that all the time.
    NFLplayerswife

Answer by NFLplayerswife at 3:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i agree! completely

i think etiquette needs to ALWAYS be followed when you are invited somewhere.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• One day at my mil's workplace, another employee brought her small kid in. My mil gave her some candy, and the kid just took it. So, my mil says, "what do you say"? She said it in a friendly way and she was smiling. I guess she was just used to saying thatt, b/c that is how we all did Dylan (her grandson, our son) to remind him to say please and thank you (and he was about the same age as this kid). But when she said that, the kid's mom, just said, "oh, she doesn't say thank you." my mil was like, "ummm ok."
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 3:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• No one teaches their kids etiquette these days...or even just basic manners it seems like. They don't say thank you half the time.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:00 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I believe in politeness and etiquette and have taught my girls as best as I could since they were old enough to understand. To this day I still remind them to say please and thank you, which I shouldn't have to do with a 15 year old! My 20 year old procrastinates on everything so many people have not received their thank you cards for the gifts they gave her for the baby. I will keep on her, though, because she knows better.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I know adults who don't follow it, let alone their kids!!

My kids even tell each other "thank you" and "you're welcome"....and even the 2 year old needs very little prompting. My oldest writes his own thank you notes (with some spelling help) and the other two at least sign their own names (the youngest with some help).

I'll be darned if my kids are going to be ungrateful little terds....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I pound this into my kids...they get nothing at home without manners let alone when out of the house. We are a dying breed I'm afraid :(
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2009