Ready to go back to work...I think?!

My dd is 14 mths today and I think it time I went back to work... My DH is tired working crazy hours and we have bills, bills, bills,... my only dilema is finding a suitable TRUSTWORTHY childcare facility. I feel so guilty leaving my baby with strangers...but this needs to be done. I live in the Bronx..any suggestions?

BxMetroMom718

Asked by BxMetroMom718 at 3:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used to work at a Montessori school. I'm on maternity leave but then i decided not to go back either. I know it sounds like a religious name, but it's not it's a ladies last name (maria montessori) these are the best schools around! After working at one i will never send my son to any other kind of school. some have infant and toddler care they are a little pricey. The children develop a LOVE for learning. The teachers are trained to respect the children and in return the children learn to respect others. When our kindergartener's leave they are usually bored in first grade because they've learned some first and second grade work, it's a GREAT, GREAT school! and the earlier the better, trust me!
    jenn714

Answer by jenn714 at 3:29 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I work in a daycare and I would say your best bet is to investigate! Check out all the local daycares in your area ...just pop in w/o warning. If you call to set up a tour it usually is pretty staged. At least that's how we do it at our daycare! ...if we know someone is coming in we try out best to put on a little show. Also go with your gut feelings on anything ...and if you ever have doubts ...trust them! g'luck momma xoxo
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 1:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2009