As a Christian, do you think it is okay for your husband to look at porn?

Or is he going completely against the Bible? What do you do? I used to feel it was normal, it was ok because he wasn't doing anything with anyone, he's not really cheating. But now I am not so sure, as I read a verse today that basically says that porn is not okay. But my husband is military and often goes on TDY or deployments that can be 6 months or longer. I would rather he be looking at porn than out cheating or something. What is right? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It isn't right, but after you have shared with your husband (if he is a follower of Christ) your concern regarding it being a sin issue, then you need to submit (definition: Duck so God can get to him.).
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 6:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• No I don't think it is right. My hubby done this while I was preggers with my first and it nearly caused a divorce. I believe that adultery can be committed in there mind. This is just my opinion but I do not feel it is right. It is just opening up room for him to take the next step and actually going and finding it.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 3:45 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Pornography is sin. Jesus said," If a man looks on a woman to lust after her, he has committed adultery with her already in his heart." ( Matthew 5:28)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:37 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• What if he says he is thinking of me doing whatever it is on the screen, not that particular girl? I'm not naieve but I do believe he does. Or getting ideas for spicing up our life?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Typos...I can imagine how hard those long absences are for both of you, but the Bible says what it says. If you believe what it says, there is no skirting the issue. If a man looks at a woman with lust, he's committing adultery. We are supposed to dwell on pure things.We have to guard our thought life because it's where Satan does his best work. Besides, it's hard to get rid of those images once we've taken them in. ( Philippians 4:7, 8; 2 Corinthians 10:3-5;Colossians 3:3; Mark 7:21-23 ) Remember that most of the sins committed in the Bible started with a look...
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:05 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• No, it's not ok...

Lexy summed it all up!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:57 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• NO, the bible says that we are to flee from that,that's why we have a husband and wife.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:22 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Bible aside would you rather your husband go out and be with a real person or porn. The only time there is a problem is if he prefurs to be with porn than you. Men are visual and they only look at porn for visual stimulation. They don't look at porn and replace you. Relax. If you make a huge deal out of it then you make it more of a taboo. Use parts out of the Bible and see how far that gets you or talk to him and ask him honestly what turns him on so much. Do not get your feelings hurt because that is wrong and immature. You want to know how to really turn him on ask around ask your girlfriends in person and do not be shocked at even what us other church ladies do for fun with our hubbies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I do not think it is alright. From personal experience I believe all of the Bible verses about lust were put there for a specific reason--to warn us and stop us from falling into a horrible trap. My hubby started looking at porn when he was 12 and soon became addicted to it. Dealing with this addiction has been the hardest thing he has ever done and it has also been the hardest thing for me as well. It has been a couple of months now since he has looked at things but it still hurts him to think about. He has told me many times that he just wished he had put all of that energy he put into porn towards me and towards becoming closer to our daughter. Instead it tore holes into our relationship. After getting away with lying about porn he just started lying to everyone about everything and got to a point where you just could not trust him at all about anything. *continued below*
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 10:22 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Even if a person is not addicted to it it still poisons the mind. It causes unrealistic expectations about the relationship a man and women should have together. If you want ideas try a book that shows stick figures or writes out what to do. Personally, if my husband had heeded the counsel the Bible gives in the first place, we would not have gone through all the pain and struggles we have had about porn.

**BTW I have heard many woman with men who go on deployments make albums or videos of themselves to take along. So maybe you can try something like that.**
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 19, 2009