cranberry juice

do you think its ok to give my 3yr old cranberry juice? apple juice gives him the runs and grape juice he wont touch but. he took a sip off of my gramscranberry juice when we went over to vist her he smacked him lips and said more please... she asked me to ask my doc if its safe for him to drink it..
thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter has the same reactiont o apple juice it is a nightmare, we keep cranberry (i use langers) raspberry white grape and other grape juices. She loves then and she is now 4 I have been doign this for several years and havent had any problems.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• "she asked me to ask my doc if its safe for him to drink it.."

So what did the doctor say?

Cranberry juice is supposed to be good to fight bladder infections, but bad if one is prone to kidney stones (been there done that)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• no i havent yet it was over the wknd ill call him tuesday since he is closed today. just tryin to see whay other moms say
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My son is 1 and 1/2 and we gave him one of the white cranberry and strawberry juice blends from Ocean Spray and he liked it and I have seen no heath change. I never thought that it would be bad! He drank the whole container...not at once!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with cranberry juice, we give it to our daughters, but I always dilute the juice anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I give cranberry juice (the 100% kind, not the 'cocktail' with all the extra sugar) to my son, and he loves it. I give him the plain cranberry, and the cranberry strawberry, (raspberry, etc.). We do dilute it a little with water, but not too much. Cranberry has so many health benefits that I can't see any problem with giving it to your child.
    JacksMom726

Answer by JacksMom726 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Why wouldn't it be? It's healthy. Try water too.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• bump. i would say ya if he drinks it thats GREAT! maybe do half and half
    Anonymous

• I would dilute the cranberry juice with water, I see no harm in giving him cranberry juice.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 7:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2009