Diabetic and sooo frustrated!

I've had type 1 diabetes for 12 years now and I hate it! I hate having to take insulin, and watching what I eat. I hate having to count carbs! (Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I was losing weight doing it, but I'm not!) I hate that no one else in my family can really understand how I feel because no one else has it. I find myself stressing out every so often about health issues and even freaking out about dying. Im only 32, but sometimes I feel so much older. Sorry, I just needed to vent a little. Any other diabetics in the house?

jdrae13

Asked by jdrae13 at 5:06 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Health

• You know, there are alternatives that can help with that. Check this out - http://www.testimonyinfo.com and if you're interested, give me an email - gigimurphy@mac.com
    Geeg

Answer by Geeg at 9:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I grew up in a house with diabetics, Grandma & Grandpa both had diabetes. We all ate the same way. My Dad and his siblings all are now diabetics. I have my sugar checked every year. Last year I finally got my SO to the doctor for a check up. Guess what? He is a diabetic. Lucky for us he is controlling it with diet right now. But I at least know what is going on with him.
    Cindy2360

Answer by Cindy2360 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I am a type 2 diabetic, I was diagnosed shortly after having a miscarriage, due to out of control sugar levels (my A1C was an 11 at the time)! That was about 6 years ago now. And while I've only had to take insulin when I was pregnant (and now have a 4 year old son) I don't mind watching what I eat. A diabetic diet is the healthiest diet out there and the guidelines EVERYONE should follow. So while I cannot eat a carton of Lo Mein or a huge plate of spaghetti I know I can have some in moderation and fill up on healthier choices!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Have you looked into getting a pump? It would help you feel less restricted, IMO. My son is 3 and loves his. Now he isn't so limited on snacks and such.
    Marci81

Answer by Marci81 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2009