Anyone else see this news report about organic foods from Whole Foods?

Think buying organic makes your food safe? Better check the country of origin first! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ31Ljd9T_Y

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 5:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Health

• BUY LOCAL. I just finished a great book - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle - totally worth a peruse. In short, local farmers are doing a lot more for the environment, and a lot less with pesticides, that we realize.
    Geeg

Answer by Geeg at 9:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• That's why you look on the back of labels and go to Farmers Market in your town!
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 6:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I buy local when I can. It tastes better, too.

Answer by Bmat at 9:45 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• It's all a name anyway. How do we know the people who put the stickers on the food aren't just throwing the organic stickers on non-organic produce to make more of a profit . We don't know so I wouldn't spend extra on "organic" produce. I go to the farmer's market a lot though, especially in the spring/summer. I know their stuff isn't organic, but I also know it is locally grown.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:16 AM on Jan. 19, 2009