Has anyone gotten Gastric bypass??

I meet the requirements and all, I just wanna hear the stories (good bad, ugly.) and also if u had the skin tightening surgery (don know the term -sry) afterwards as well. Do you regret it? Did your body shape change? Scarring? Plz anything will help. don be afraid to blab. I like to listen!!! And thank you in advance!!

Sapphire_dreamz

Asked by Sapphire_dreamz at 8:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• My mom, my aunt and ex had it. I know alot about it if you want to email me I will be happy to tell you their experiences, advice etc. Its too much to write here really. There are many plusses and minuses to it.

Answer by gemgem at 8:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Gem I don know your email. your profile is private. but yes i would like to kno
    Sapphire_dreamz

Answer by Sapphire_dreamz at 12:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• a friend of mine had it a year ago and it seemed horrific. Some of her wounds wouldn't close for the longest time and she had to be re-operated on. She is a very thin lady now but does still have some loose skin. I also have a friend who takes care of these patients post-op and said to stay far away from the idea.
    rjsudler

Answer by rjsudler at 1:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I've heard that one of the side effects is terrible chronic gas and digestive problems. I'm not trying to be funny. This is a legitimate thing to consider. I would research this on the internet...find a message board. See what others have said before doing this. This is not a simple, inconsequential procedure.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My SIL had it done. She dropped weight very quickly and did end up getting a tummy tuck too. Unfortunately she ended up getting an abdominal infection, as a result of the surgeries, that would not clear up. She passed away last year at the age of 43 from sepsis. When I spoke to her doctor during the last time she was in the hospital, he felt that the limited nutritional intake affected her ability to maintain a strong immune system. So I would say make sure you have a very healthy and strong immune system before getting the procedure done. jmo. I miss her terribly, she was my best friend before she was my SIL.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I'm almost 9 years post-op. Over the years I've had issues with ulcers and esophageal tears (acid back up that eats through the esophagus). I had my surgery before it was widely done laproscopic, so I have I gigantic scar. I can still get horribly sick if I eat something I shouldn't, or if I don't chew food enough and it blocks everything. The gas/digestive problems mentioned above come from not eating correctly. If you get the surgery and still eat crap it will tear you up and you will gain weight back after 18 months. No panni for me, can't afford it, so I deal with it, and it's not pretty. On the upside, it worked and I'm not dead, which I would've been by now.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:25 AM on Jan. 20, 2009