How long does the spot stuff take to kill fleas on my cat?

I seen 2 fleas on her so I bathed her with flea shampoo , put spot stuff on her now 2 days later I find another flea. I also sprayed and vaccumed the house.

melanie62

Asked by melanie62 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Pets

• I'd like to know the same thing. Ours never worked. We also tried flea baths and flea bombs. Nothing has worked. Tis the season. Keep vacuuming and by fall things should be better. :o)
    ArtC

Answer by ArtC at 6:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• if you sprinkle BORAX before you vacuum. what brand are you using?advantage or frontline is the only otc stuff that works, something natural you could try is A 1/4 c.rosemary in 5c boiling water cool down and douse your animal pat dry
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• What kind of spot stuff? If it is the stuff you get at the vet it should kill fleas within 12-24 hours, but if you got it from the grocery store it is hard telling if it even really works. I have seen more bad than good come from hartz into the vet clinic. Good Luck.
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Never used spot stuff. Advantage works within 24 hours. Now I use one for both ticks and fleas (forgot the name, but it's very popular way up there with advantage for fleas)- it might be called top spot.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• That stuff works I tried it on my dog she was covered in fleas and I had to vacuum every day and i put a flea collar on her .
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 11:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Vaccume every day and dont forget to throw away the vaccum bag each time. If the fleas arent gone in a few more days you may need to switch brands of flea stuff.
    HadassasMommy

Answer by HadassasMommy at 12:55 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I would stay away from the drops you buy otc, such as Hartz. They really don't work and worse, make your cat ill. I've heard from many about their cat becoming sick from these products including flea shampoo, collars, and drops because of the chemical content in them. Unfortunately, I used this stuff on my cat before I knew this information. My cat became ill too.
    I still have some problems with fleas on her but I have been washing her at least once a week with baby shampoo. The soap itself will kill the fleas - make sure to lather good. This has been helping keep the fleas under control. I've heard Advantage works well; I'm not sure because I have not used it.
    Curlysigngirl

Answer by Curlysigngirl at 8:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2008