Worried 3 weeks* and swelling already?

Okay ladies, I just recently found out that I'm pregnant again, This is going to be my second baby I have a 28 month old daughter, autumn. Well I haven't gone into the doctors yet because we lost insurence when My DH left the navy, I'm working on trying to get medicaid right now. When I was pregnant with my daughter I was high risk and border line preeclampsima, I litterly swelled up like a bloon and my BP was off the roof. I ended up being induced 3 weeks earily because of it. Well here what I'm worried about, I'm guessing I'm only about 3-4 weeks right now, but I think I'm already showing signs of swelling again, I have no insurence right now, I work all night and DH doesnt work so we dont have the money to go in to the doctors with out it, What do you guys think I should do?

caudles

Asked by caudles at 9:27 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's hard to give advice because each state is different. I would try calling a clinic, you can call your hospital and see what clinic they work with, and they will look at your financial situation and either help you get medicaid or only charge like $20. Like I said all states are different so it may not be the same where you live, but it doesn't hurt to give them a call.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• go to your hospital and get checked out at this point your life is more important too your family then having insurance
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I live in the state of Illinois and if you think you're going to get on medicaid they will pay for medical needs 3 months prior to getting on it. I'm not sure if its different in other states but I would check into that so you can go to the Dr. and know its going to get paid for. Also, some clinics or hospitals have a financial aid department that can also help pay for Dr. visits.
    momof2_july

Answer by momof2_july at 9:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• If you know you'll be approved for medicaid, go ahead and start going to the doctor. They will back-pay for your entire pregnancy, because you are pregnant already for several weeks before you get your card in the mail. This is what I had to do as well.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• in the meantime, get your BP checked. I know kmart, walmart, target, or any pharmacy has a BP cuff, then like the pp said-if you know you are getting medical assistance, go to the doc. they will pay for the visits.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2009