• In the Spotlight:

How can I advertise my home buisness without being pushy

I just started selling Creative Memories. and I dont want to be the pushy friend so how do I get customers.
thank you
Anita
Creative memories consultant

MamaAlderman_2

Asked by MamaAlderman_2 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• Well, honeslty you need to start out with your friends, and they will lead you to more people. Just tell them, you need their help, and you want to have this business to be successful, and would really appreciate them if they helped you. Give them an incentive too, liek 10% off or soemthing. You can also, ask ANYONE you know, like your doctor, or your kids teachers, or whom ever you want! but you won't get anywhere, without asking!
    KGeist86

Answer by KGeist86 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I agree. Make a coupon on like microsoft publisher and give it to friends. Offer an addition coupon to those who refer a friend. Do you have a website? If so add it to the card, and let people know that they will get a certain % in free products for friends purchases. For example receive 10% of your referrals in free products. So, if I refer someone, and they spend 100.00 I get a 10 dollar discount.
    snailteacher

Answer by snailteacher at 7:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Start a weekly or biweekly group, free to come-
    at a local church or community center. Have everything with you,
    so if a woman or her daughter want to look through your scrabooks or buy something, it's on hand.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• You do NOT have to start with your friends and family!! Personally I would start out with FREE ads everywhere. If it's something you can do online put ads everywhere. If not print up fliers and put them in mags or newspapers, post them around town and ask emploiees to put them in breakrooms, pizza and paper boys to deliver them with their normal deliveries...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I would consider asking friend and family over for a scrapbooking afternoon or something like that. Let them see what the products are like.

Have you thought about setting up a scrapbooking club, maybe start the group here? Or advertise locally. We all have good intentions when it comes to scrapbooking but a lot of us run out of time. If we set up a regular time to meet and use product then people are more likely to buy more and spread the word.

I know some other people who do home parties that slowly grow their email list and then send a weekly email on product updates etc or maybe new ideas and even do virtual parties.

For online sales have you tried ASD? You can advertise your site for free. If you decide to pay for advertising you can actually earn your ad package cost back in rebates.
    http://www.asdcashgenerator.com/index.php?ref=56368
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:45 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• You might be surprised how many people you know would be interested in what you offer. If you do not feel comfortable asking them outright, why not try a less obtrusive way. For example, update your voice mail messages to include a reference to your new line of work. Whenever you send or respond to an email include a signature line with your new title, business and a link to your website (this is what I use http://www.mymailsignature.com) .  You can also order free business cards from vista print.  Keep your ears open.  Whenever someone mentions anything related to pictures, scrapbooking, framing etc. hand them a card.  Pretty soon everyone will have you in the back of there mind and when the need you...they will call!
    TrudyP

Answer by TrudyP at 4:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I can help you out. I'm really excited about this system I use it to work from home and the best part is it's FREE!
    Please visit my website at http://www.melissacarroll.ws
    Feel free to message me and visit my cafemom profile, I really can help you, no BS :)
    cashmakingmama

Answer by cashmakingmama at 1:10 AM on Jul. 22, 2008

• I have a group here on CM...Inspiring Mom's to Work at Home. I have posted several tips on marketing your business. Stop by and check us out!
    ~Shay
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/InspiringWAHM
    jewelrylady98

Answer by jewelrylady98 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2008