Cancer?

Hey, I have a family member who is doing very poorly. We're not quite sure what's wrong with her yet. Has any one else seen these symptoms or had family go through this?

She has trouble breathing. She is on oxygen and can bearly get the energy to stand up, much less walk to the bathroom or bedroom. She has nodules on her lungs. Brusing. Back pain. Docs are thinking lymphomia or sarcadosis. Maybe leukemia? I'd really like to think it's not that bad, but chances are it is. ANyone been through this? How bad is the treatment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Health

• The treatment is probably better than the alternative but it can be very rough, especially if you are already compromised. Go to the American Cancer Society website and find the Cancer Survivor Network. You can login and find survivors, people going through treatment and caregivers. It's a wealth of information that is exactly what you are looking for, I think.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• They're seeing a doctor right?  I'm not a doctor, but my Dad had multiple myeloma (cancer) and lungs were something that really were difficult to deal with, BUT they do have operations that can help. I would start with getting second opinions though.

Gigi

Geeg

Answer by Geeg at 9:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Yes, of course. Been through CTs, insurance wouldn't cover a PET scan though, so she's waiting for a bioptsy now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I'll be thinking of you and your family. Lung problems probably mean her blood isn't getting enough oxygen, which explains her lack of strength and energy.

Answer by Bmat at 9:43 AM on Jan. 19, 2009