my greatgrnddaughter age 13 months will no longer drink milk of anykind..has anybody ever heard of this..help

peaches321

Asked by peaches321 at 9:40 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My twins stopped milk for a while between 13 and 16 months. This was just after we switched from formula to regular milk and also stopped using bottles. I considered going back to bottles just to get them to take some, but I didn't want to go through taking them away again. We kept trying everyday and even tried different flavors in the milk, but it took several months for them to decide they like it. In the time when they didn't drink any milk we gave them plenty of yogurt and cheese. My pediatrician said that was fine.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 9:47 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• It's ok. Was she recently switched to cow's milk? Don't worry. Milk is not necessary. It's a convenient source of some nutrients and calcium, but do a little googling and you can find other sources for those nutrients. As long as she will eat food, and drink water, she can have a balanced diet without any kind of milk.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• You can try cholclate milk... And if that doesnt work you could try giving her high calcium food like yogurt.
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Milk is not mandatory for life. Actually new findings are discovering our systems do not handle it well at all. There are many other sources for calcium. Veggies especially, and supplements if you must. Cheese, no one has to drink milk.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• my daughter never warmed up to milk. even now, at age 3, she rarely drinks it.
    it's not a necessity and i would not add chocolate or anything else to it in order to get the child to drink it.
    there are plenty of other(and better) ways to get calcium and vitamin d in your diet, i would explore those options.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:51 AM on Jan. 19, 2009