Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my husband kicked me out of our house

i told him i did think it would work. I asked him to leave and he said no so i left with my 16month old daughter. i went to his dads. my husband thru all of my clothes into the street. his dad went and got them. but know i have nothing for my daughter no clothes shoes toothbrush. what should i do?

Answer Question

Asked by Jese07 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • keep your head up and get him for child support and move on you are better off w/o that chump


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • You need to seek legal advice immediately to make sure you and your child are legally protected.

    Answer by Lisahi at 9:51 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • Call the police and ask for an escort to the house and they will let you go in and retrieve things for the child. It also helps with a paper trail. You will need legal advice to get custody and etc for the child but with him throwing you out without things for the child it shows he doesnt have the childs best interest at heart and can help insure you keep custody.

    Answer by gemgem at 9:53 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • that ass hole you should of never left that is your home so if i was you i will have an officer go with me to get the rest of your things and speak with an attorney sence that is your home as well and see what can be done becuase you have rights 2

    Answer by LOVE88 at 9:53 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • I agree with gemgem.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • Well he can't just kick you out. It's your home too so get a lawyer asap. And yes call the police so they are there when you need to pick up personal belongings. That's is all they will let you take, anything else will have to be dealt with in court.


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • Go back and get your stuff...? I would bring someone with... maybe wait till he's at work... something like that.

    Answer by dtetz at 10:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • You should've taken then when you left... but ask an officer to go with you to retrieve your childs things. Do not listen to the one that said to go when he is at work... or if you do, ask an officer to go with you just to make sure there's no legal problems later from that (not sure if the house was yours/his before the marriage).

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:15 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • Call the police. He can't kick you out of your house and he can't stop you from going over there and getting whatever you need or want.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • he has no right to keep those things. Listen to gemgem. Have a police escort you to the house and get her stuff.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.