Nail Biters...

I have bit my nails for as long as I can remember. It's a really bad habit and I would love to lose it! I've tried those nasty tasting polishes and none of them worked. Sometimes I'll even chew on the skin around my nails and then they start to bleed...How can I stop this?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I bit my nails for 23 years to the point of making them bleed. I tried everything, but the only thing that worked to get my to stop was my DD started biting hers too. I then said enough I will not pass this horrible habit to her. I got my nails done for 3 months (about every 3 weeks) I became so fond of having nice looking girly hands with pretty nails I took off the fakies and never once started biting them again. I know I could not have done this without the fake nails I got used to not biting them instead tapping them. Me and DD are nail biting free for over a year and I have beautiful nails now!! good luck best 140 I ever spent.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 11:07 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I Get My Nails Done Too, But I Can Never Keep Up With It So I Always Go Back To Biting.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 9:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i have been biting my damn nails since i can remember , i hate it , they look soo ugly , a women should have nice hands and nice nails well not me ..lol.. but when i was preg i did have to get my nails done , and once they came off they were soo long , but very brittle , some broke and some were still there, so i would have to say just spend a couple bucks and do it for you !!!! then once you have them keep them for about 2 months , and dont pick or try to bite thoses off it will hurt soo bad and you'll just end up ripping off your real nail , then get clear nail polish and keep them out of the mouth !!! hope it works .... bridget~~
    bmsoraghan

Answer by bmsoraghan at 8:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009