AM I BEING TOO MEAN

ok here is the deal when i first got pregnant my so family wanted nothing to do with it at all sense stuff went down and we lost our house and all his dad even made the comment too my mother that i just needed too fuckin kill it so i had no ties too his son anymore nice guy right well all is some what ok now and thing is his dad asked him to ask me if it was ok if he throw me a baby shower and i kinda flipped out and told them all no cause too me that is something my mom should do but they don't get along at all my so dad and mom being sense what his dad said am i being mean for saying no or is it odd that now he trying too be all nice and shit

greeniemommy

Asked by greeniemommy at 10:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First off no you are not wrong... and I had one baby shower... both sides invited... and I did not care if so and so didn't like whoever... it was my baby shower and they could come and suck it up for a couple of hours. It wasn't about who they liked it was about who I wanted there to celebrate with me.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 10:24 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• No reason you can't have two baby showers if this is stressing you out. Don't have the same person invited to both since they might feel they needed to provide two gifts, maybe. I think if there is bitterness and conflict that two showers would be the way to go.

Answer by Bmat at 10:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• thanks me and my so where just talking about doing that i was thinking about waiting till after the bay comes and do it more as a meet the baby tip thing
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 10:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Let someone throw you a shower if they want to. be grateful and thankful. Your father in law can give you one, for men and women, and then your mom can do one girls only.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:29 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• trust me if my so father does one my mother will be beyond pissed off and we will never hear the end of it and for me i don't see where he even has the right to do something like this after he made the comment that i just needed to fuckin kill my baby who in there right mind makes a comment like that and then goes and acts like all is ok in the end
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 11:50 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Honestly... you aren't being too mean, but everything you said could've been said without swearing once.
    Anonymous

• can you honestly tell me that if someone made the statement that you should just kill your fuckin kid that you would honestly not swear at all and last i checked we was all grown ups here don't like what i say don't comment back
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 1:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• you fuckin cuss if you want. im like the worst potty mouth Ever on here. if anon doesnt like you cussing she doesnt need to be on your question. fuck your father in law i say, i would have given the same reaction.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• ya so am i i guess its because i am not a true southern girl i am a yankie in a southern state and yankies are the worst know for their bad tempers when it comes too someone fuckin with their children
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 3:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2009