what is the difference in 24 month and 2T clothes?

when buying my DD clothes, I wonder what the difference in 24 mo. and 2T is????

JayGirlsMom

Asked by JayGirlsMom at 10:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Shopping

• 24 month clothing is typically cut wider...for the still chubby baby. My son was in 24 months early on, he just now turned 2 today and was in 24 months about 6 months ago. Now that he's two, he's thinning out some. The 2T is cut a tad bit thinner and if you are able to find 2, that's cut for slim kids. Same thing goes for 3T/3, 4T, 4, etc....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• It is the cut. 24 month has a bigger waste for the fat little baby stage.
    rainbowkisses

Answer by rainbowkisses at 10:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I asked the exact same thing when DD was starting to grow out of her 18 month clothing. From the answers I got (but not necessarily from my own experience), 24 month clothing has more room in the butt so that there is room for the diaper/training pants.

I've found out though that they are just like everything else...one brand will fit differently than another. DD has a 24 month pair of jeans that she can barely fit her little butt into, yet she's right now wearing 2T jeans that are too big and are tightened at the waist as far as they will go (and are still too big).
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:40 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• 24 Months is also roomier for diapers as well. If your child is out of diapers then go for 2T.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I used 2T because Jazz was trained by the time she needed to move up into this size and she is thin to start with... so 2T, especially the ones with the elastic that can be pulled tighter, fit her better.
    Lil-Jo

Answer by Lil-Jo at 11:51 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• A lot of times there isn't really a difference. Like Children's Place clothes come in 24 mos, they don't have 2T's. Some brands the 24 mos is a little smaller than the 2t's. It just depends on the brand.
    3lilmonsters411

Answer by 3lilmonsters411 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Wow, to be in a 2T and potty trained! My son is 3 and in a 4T and nowhere near potty trained. Is that really why 24 months are bigger in the bum? To accomidate a diaper?
    Anonymous

• From what I have seen, most 2T clothes are a bit longer in the limbs. One of my twin girls is about 2inches taller than her sister, so she fit the 2T better. The shorter twin was too short for 2T so she fit the 24months better. Now they have both moved on the 3T and some 4T. WOW
    TwinMomma2006

Answer by TwinMomma2006 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• 2t are wider and sometimes longer... that's about it. but again it depends on the brand.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• lol I always wondered about that. Damn you all now I'm going to have to be checking all the clothes I put my kids in to compare the 24months to the 2Ts. Like I didn't have enough to do already! lol
    Anonymous