Don't always let-down...any advice

Twice the last two night while pimping, my breast would not let down, which meant nothing really came out so by morning, I was really full. Has anyone ever experienced not being able to let down or slow let down and if so how did you handle it in order to let down. I tried cleansing breaths but no luck. I am still able to let down when I nurse but just sometimes have a problem when pumping.

blackwellqk

Asked by blackwellqk at 10:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• did your try massaging them or taking a warm shower that might help with let down
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• a warm washcloth worked for me, or you can have the baby nurse for a minute to get things going.
    CNmomma

Answer by CNmomma at 11:15 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Also thinking about your baby or looking at a pic will help.
    apphorses

Answer by apphorses at 11:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Just keep trying to pump and breastfeed. The more your little one grows, the more he or she eats, and the more you need to make, so even if there is no milk letting down while you pump, you are still training your breasts to make more which is why it did over night and you woke up full...

You're doing great~! If you have too much in the morning, freeze some.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Some women don't respond to a pump. It's normal.
    Anonymous