Did anyone go to the festivities in DC? My niece got to see so many famous people.But of course Obama is the most famous. Anyone go?

jareda69

Asked by jareda69 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't actually go to see the fesitivities however, on Saturday, I did have to drive downtown in the early afternoon and it was so good to see everyone anticipating the upcoming events. I know that today it's going to be way crowded. I plan on going tomorrow. Can't wait! Check out my pics by Wednesday!
    MonicaJaye

Answer by MonicaJaye at 11:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Obama is not famous. He is the next President, oh my goodness a "famous" president. Yay!!
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Nope my parents live 50 mi south of DC so I could have if I wanted to. Didnt wanna. My parents said they're avoiding DC like a plague. The crowds are too big, alot of scammers are out, and they just feel safer at home. Plus we went to both of Clinton's and both of Bush's so I feel I have met my political quota. if I want to meet famous people I can just go to my mom and dads for lunch every so often. My dad works with politicians. It isnt that special to me LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 10:57 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Lol. Ok got me . But he will be the most famous, come on now.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My niece got to see Steve Carrell, Jamie Foxx, Tiger Woods. There was music by U2, Beyonce, Mary J Blige,Bruce Springsteen and about 100,000 people showed up.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• no i didnt go but i wish i could have my aunt got tickets to one of the balls that obama going to be at but she wasnt able to get to DC she is so upset
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• jareda69:But of course Obama is the most famous.

This comment is relative to the individual. I would much rather meet Tiger Woods. He is one of my all time favorite people

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• MonicaJaye. my niece who is white loves Obama. Her and her firends took over 400 pics and they said Beyonce is so pretty.Rumor has it she is supposed to sing the President's first song. SHe is perfect for it.But I wiill check them out.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Id rather meet Ozzy.

Answer by gemgem at 11:05 AM on Jan. 19, 2009