What can I do to no offend anyone at a lesbian party?

I am a slumber party distributor. I have been booked for an all lesbian party and do not want to offend anyone. I already know that I'm going to say "partner" instead of him or husband. I just don't want to offend any one. Any suggestion?

kandleluv

Asked by kandleluv at 10:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• What is a slumber party distributor??
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i would just not make nay lesbian comments .....
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I just wouldnt have one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Partner, lover, girlfriend..why not just ask them
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:07 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I'd tell them that it's my first lesbian party and if you screw up they can just spank you. LOL I am sure lesbians are used to ppl dealing with a heterosexual community and will forgive any faux pas as long as you are not negative toward them. You will be fine. The more you worry the harder it will be on you. So if you had a slumber party with heterosexuals would it be with women and their male partners or just the females? I would be curious to know how many men let their women go out for a slumber party?

Answer by admckenzie at 12:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I would sit down with the hostess and talk to her about your featured items and how you usually do it. Ask her for suggestions and feedback about your presentation so you know how to present it in a relevant way. She may feel comfortable helping with the presentation even. I wouldn't assume I would be able to imagine how they do things. I can imagine but that doesn't make it the truth. I would be more afraid of embarrassing myself than being offensive.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 12:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Oh for crying out loud...they are just normal people. At the beginning of your presentation just say 'Well, this is a first for me. I'm used to using the words 'him' or 'he' so if it slips I apologize. I'll try not to but if I do, forgive me!' and then give a little laugh...joke about it...have fun with it...it's not like they are going to beat you senseless for saying 'man'
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 1:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• BE YOURSELF!!!THERE IS NOTHING WORST THAN PERFORMING TO PLEASE A CERTAIN SECTION, THEY WILL NOT BE OFFENDED IF YOU JUST BE WHO YOU ARE.

Answer by older at 4:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2009