My almost 21 1/2 month has been doing nothing but whinning about everything

What do you do about whinning and trying to get through to them that whinning isn't the answer. She knows how to ask for something by saying please but still she whines about everything lately.

kenedygrace06

Asked by kenedygrace06 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i still struggle with whinning and my son is 4 i hope he stops sooon
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I refuse to acknowlege them when they whine. I tell them I will not speak with you when you whine. You are a big boy/girl use your words. I refuse to give in to it. It works. 4 kids proves it works.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• My son is getting really bad with the whining. I just walk away when he starts. When he can ask me normally I will give him an answer.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 8:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I say "Mommy can't understand you when you whine" well I say "fuss".
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• same problem here. i finally got her mostly out of it by saying "i'm sorry but i dont understand whinning. when you can talk to me, try agian. meanwhile, shut up, that's annoying." it worked after about a week.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• ignore it they will tell you wat they want when you are not paying any mind to them believe me i know i did it with my 3 year old o dora deigo and spongebob helped too
    chopperchic1012

Answer by chopperchic1012 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 19, 2008