Would you take your child to the doctor for this...?

My son is a seemingly healthy 7 year old... over christmas week he had a high fever for one day then had a low grade that lasted a full week.... never going over 100.2, well, he had the high fever again yesterday topping at 103, now it's back down to 100.4-- my mom says I should take him in regardless of how he's feeling tomorrow, but to me as long as he's safe there's no need to take him around truly sick kids if he's just running a low grade tomorrow.... what would you do??

1organicmom

Asked by 1organicmom at 11:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Health

• take him to the doctor. obviously something is going on or he wouldn't have a fever.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I've always heard that if a fever lasts more than 3 days you should taken them in. It can't hurt. I definitely would.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• If it keeps spiking up and down after this amount of time, it probably would be a good idea to get him seen.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• take him to the doctor..be smart and find out whats going on. there is a reason why a child has a fever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I'd take him in. Our pediatrician says to bring them in if a fever lasts more than three days....low or high.

At the least...call the office and see what they want you to do...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Thanks girls! I think that's what I will do, just take him in and make sure there isn't anything really serious going on.....
    1organicmom

Answer by 1organicmom at 1:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009