I think I'm starting to feel something for another man, I love my husband but he can be so mean sometimes, and this other guy is so sweet and laid back...help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Men tell you those things, all of them including "I'm not trying to get you in bed" but that's part of the trick... how would you feel if some woman was telling your hubby how hot he is all the time? You can stop it and you should, especially in the work place since you do have to see him all the time. Simply say thank you, my husband thinks so too. Men latch on to the idea that we're making ourselves available in some way without much help from us but if you're dogging hubby to the man or in the office, it's just not good cause both men and women will be more than happy to take you off of the others hands/
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• If you don't want to be with your husband, divorce him. If you do want to be with your husband, quit looking at other men as potential partners. Cheating should never be an option. It's disrespectful to everyone involved. Is this sweet, laid back man aware that he is a poaching another man's wife? If so, that's a flaw in his character you should keep in mind when making your decision.
    LoveIsCool

Answer by LoveIsCool at 11:16 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Right on LovelsCool!!!
    12crazykids

Answer by 12crazykids at 11:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• The reason you are feeling this is probably due to the lack of attention you feel you are getting from your husband. You should discuss with your husband how you are feeling before you make any decisions you will regret. You need to become emotionally connected again. Maybe he feels neglected in some way and is acting out in this way because of it. Either way you need to communicate with him and share your feelings with each other.
    JenniferMae82

Answer by JenniferMae82 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Remember this guy only looks so good because you're on the outside looking in. Once you were in it he'd have his flaws and stuff that drives you nuts, too.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I agree with lovelscool and Desert Diva! You are lacking somthing with your husand that will drive you to persue other men. Work that out before you decide to leave, so you can never say you didn't try.
    Khyries_Mommy

Answer by Khyries_Mommy at 11:36 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Make a decision about your marriage before becoming involved with someone else. Everyone always seems great when you don't have to deal with them day to day and share responsibilities. Be in a relationship or be out of a relationship because of your commitment or the health of a relationship. Jumping out of a marriage you are not committed to working on and into another relationship that apepars attractive shows a level of dishonesty and immaturity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Many times we find solace and comfort in the kindness of others. Don't misread what it is and get yourself in trouble at home. If you can keep them separate then fine, if you get emotionally involved with the OM and want more from him then you might be asking for trouble if you don't deal with dh and his issues first.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I'm the one asked this quiestion, I love my husband with all my heart we have 2 kids together and I cant imagine myself with anyone else, but for some reason this other guy is just cathing my attintion, maybe its just because he tells me I'm beautiful, or pretty every time he sees me, and he knows I'm married, hes not really trying to be with me, hes just trying to be my friend, he told me hes not trying to have sex with me he just likes my personality and likes talking to me, My husband can be a very mean and not even relize it most of the time. But hes a wonderful man, and I could never cheat on him and I have no intiontion of divorce right now, I mean I would like him to stop drinking, hes really reallly mean when he drinks.....I'm just torn between feelings. I work with the other guy so I cant just not see him...
    Anonymous

• The only person who can help you is yourself. You need to stop thinking about the other man and start concentrating on loving your husband. He's the one you chose to spend your life with and to father your children. Who knows? If you love him better, he might become just as sweet as the other guy. My guess is the other guy has a few warts himself. He is just being real careful to not let you see them. Trust me. The warts on him will appear, so you might as well love the warts you have.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2009