What is the best way to shave your bikini area?

I was just wondering how all you moms take care of that sensitive bikini area? Do you just shave, use hair remover, etc. I know it may be kind of personal, but when I shave, it never feels very smooth & always irritated. So I was just wondering if there was a more efficient way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• wax, it's the only way to make it smooth and less chance of ingrown hairs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• You can look into getting it done professionally.

Answer by gemgem at 11:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I get mad ingrown hairs when I shave or wax. I exfoliate like crazy and still get them. The only thing I can use is dipilitory. Don't know why, but when I use it I get no ingrowns and it doesn't itch when it grows back.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:22 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i sit in the tub sideways when there is only about an inch of water left when the tub is draining and that has me at a good angle to get the outside lips very well, then I stand up to get the pubic mound. It gets me a very close "baby bottom" smooth shave. If i'm taking a shower I'll kinda squat and do it that way but it doesn't get the lips as well.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I use an epilator type of electric device that looks like a shaver. The little wheel rotates rapidly and plucks the hairs in the area. It hurts, but you get used to it after a couple of uses. I do it about every 3 weeks. Takes a long time for the hairs to grow back. It is the same effect as waxing.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2009