Is this baby acne?

When my baby girl was born a couple wks ago, she had little white bumps on her nose (which still hasn't gone away), and the pediatrician told me it was baby acne. But now, it looks like a little rash has come up on both her cheeks. It just came up yesterday. I've washed all her sheets and clothes in baby detergent and she hasn't had an allergy to me or my clothes so far, so i can't figure this out. Is this baby acne or just a rash? What do I do to get rid of it? They are just really tiny red bumps on her cheeks.

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 11:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't use dryer sheets during the winter, as they dry out skin. I think your little girl may have a touch of dry skin perhaps? Do you bathe her too often? We do a lot of rubbing/ cleaning of the face, maybe it's too dry. Moisturize after cleaning when her skin's still wet... Hope this helps!
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I don't use dryer sheets at all, but yes she has dry skin, which I clean with baby wipes sometimes and a bit of lotion now and then. I only bathe her about once every 3 days.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My son was allergic to the Johnsons products. We had to use Cetaphil (bar soap and lotion) instead, it cleared his skin right up. Now that he's a toddler, we use Dove.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• my daughter is doing the same things still. i would mention it to my doctor but he wouldnt say anything.
    sweetheart254

Answer by sweetheart254 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2009