How do i get my daughter to stop?

My daughter is 15 she is slow for her age has the mind of a 5 year old it's really hard for her to do some thing. But lately she has been acting more and more like a baby it's driving me crazy she crys all the time she screams she hits she bites she touches her self in front of people. I talked to her doctor they said it's normal for kids that have her problems to act this way but i cant stand it they wont help me and i'm just very upset doing this alone she has been to 3 doctors and they all say the same thing does anyone have any ideas for me to calm her down?
Please think of something i'm going crazy i'm a good mom but i all most wanted to spank her and i don't want to hit her but i don't know what else to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Maybe she is tired? Do yall have a schedule daily? Is she in school? Maybe it is stressing her out?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:45 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I have her on a schedule she does not have school she is home schooled but for 2 hours a day she sleep alot so i don't think it's that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• You need to see a Behavioral Therapist (not a Medical Dr.). The options for stopping these behaviors are 1) give her a more acceptable behavior to replace the undesired one or 2) use the extinction process to eliminate the undesired behaviors.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I honestly think you need to have some time for your self. Do you have anyone who is able to help you with your daughter?  I would also recommend getting your daughter on a schedule, maybe you should change her eating habits, keep he busy. When she wines let her know that she needs to use her big girl voice, you do not understand baby sounds. Then ignore her until she talks to you in a proper manner When your daughter act's out does time out work? or maybe take a toy away? When my kids stress me out I sometimes give myself a time out!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 4:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• First, you've got to control your reaction to it. I worked in mental health from the time I was 16 til I was 23 and I'm telling you, people with behavioral issues feed on your response to it. One of the best things that worked was what they called "ignoring the behavior, not the person". We didn't talk and feed it with the "HEY stop that, I don't think so" that is so natural to do, we just took them to their room when they were doing these things and said come out when you've pulled yourself together. It takes a great deal of consistency before you really start to see results, but it sounds like you're to the point where anythings better than what's already going on.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Put her up for adoption really send her to a mental institute
    Anonymous

• I'm with Kabbot01. It will take constant perstinence but it will help.

And Anon. 5:25, surely you aren't serious? Did your mother give up on you?
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 6:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My daghter has autism and she does thing like this . Drives me crazy.
    She is not allowed to have toliet paper,tissue or napkins because she had started eating paper. When ever there is a change in her routine she starts acting out. (Her DVD player broke and she could no longer watch DVD's in her room ). Once i got her a new DVD player and put it in her room the behavior stopped. I keep after her and let her know that i don't appove of her behavior. I try to find other things for her to do are firgue out whart cause her to be stressed. It never a dull moment in my house. It changes from time to time.
    momofalicia

Answer by momofalicia at 6:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2009