How to keep my white sweatshirt white

I have a new sweatshirt and it was really expensive and i love it but its all white with colored writing on it. The sleeve are a tad long so they are getting horribly dirty from rubbing on things. How can i keep this from happening or keep it white.
thanks

kclick213

Asked by kclick213 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I'd treat the sleeve ends with bleach before washing (rinse well before putting into the washer) . To keep it white used all-fabric bleach in each laundry- check that it is good for colors, too.

Answer by Bmat at 3:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I use and swear by Tide w/ Bleach. I have tried cheaper laundry detergents before and my whites turn dull and dingy. Then I get the Tide w/ bleach again and they turn bright white again.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 6:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I too am a HUGE fan of Tide. I also use 20 Mule Team Borax & Oxi-Clean. These 3 combined do wonders for whites. I have had trouble for YEARS keeping our white socks "white", then when I started using these 3 combo-ed together, WoW, it was remarkable!
    KyndalBethsMom

Answer by KyndalBethsMom at 8:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2009