50th B-day ideas

My SO is turning 50 and I want to make this very special to him. His ex-wife never did anything special for him. He was always the 'giver" in the family. I want this to be fun but special at the same time. Does anybody have any good ideas? Do you know of a website that sells neat stuff for 50th birthdays?

Proudmomof82008

Asked by Proudmomof82008 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The cutest 50th birthday item I've seen was a clay pot painted a bright color with the words "50 Sucks" painted on it. They stuck 50 suckers in a styrofoam form and it was really a neat idea.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 11:53 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• if you can afford it, go take him on a weekend get-a-way, somewhere he's wanted to go visit. for my mom's 50th birthday, i took her to catalina island for a weekend (she always dreamed of going to hawaii, i couldn't afford that, so catalina island was what i thought the next best thing)...told her only to take her license and nothing else. we stayed for 3 days. we went to hawaii for her next birthday.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I would throw a theme party from 1959 if that is when he was born. Everyone DRESS from that year, Decorate with things popular that year, and play all the hits from 1959.

It is not as hard as you think, you can get the music from the internet onto an iPod/MP3 player, and play it through speakers... look up "Popular Culture" from that year on the internet... same with the fashion.... I think that would be a GREAT 50th party! Celebrate the year they came into the world, and the differences that have happened since.

Good Luck and have fun!!!
    Keriokeeee

Answer by Keriokeeee at 12:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I love the PP's suggestion.....what ever you decide just stay away from the black and over the hill stuff... Another idea would be do just throw a dinner party and have someone create a video for you of his 50 Greatest Moments (like his baby pic, birth of children, high school graduation, etc).
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2009