How can I help my son learn his time tables?

vnieca123

Asked by vnieca123 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I made charts for my daughter and made her fill them in every day. I think it helped her see the patterns. We also quizzed her on a certain group for several days before moving on. We'd always go back to earlier groups and quiz her again. Eventually she knew them all.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:51 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Flash cards.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Does your son like computer games? Try this.Timez attack. It is set in a castle. Perfect,especially for boys. The version from 2s to 12s is free. My son played this for a month and had them memorized. Sometimes you have to make learning fun when the old ways are not working.

http://www.bigbrainz.com/
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 5:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Use M + Ms = 3 groups of 4 M & Ms is 12 (also have it written on a flashcard once they've seen it with M & M's)
    Anonymous

• I used flash cards and timed tests. We did one number at a time. Once that number was memorized, I moved to the next and did mixed time tests to keep them up on the numbers they already learned.
    yakara77

Answer by yakara77 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Flash cards and memorization with the timed tests, one set at a time, when he has learned all of one set, move to the next.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I sent you a PM. My answer was kind of long.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:30 AM on Jan. 26, 2009