How many times a day should a 5yr old boy eat?

I have 2 older boys. They have a bowl of cereal in the morning, a snack of fruit around 11am, 2 sandwiches or more for lunch at 1pm, I put them down to rest and they get up around 3pm and they ask for more food, but when it comes to dinner time, they either won't eat it, or are to full if I give them something when they get up from resting. Should I give them a snack between 3pm and 6pm when dinner is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Usually boys eat anything and everything, but that might come later around their preteen/ teen years... You might just simply have to cut out the snack before dinner. Also, do they get alot of activity in after they rest? If not, then they might need to get out and play before dinner so they'll be hungry. If not, then they're probably too full from their predinner snack.
    pbjmomi

Answer by pbjmomi at 4:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Either cut the snack after rest time out altogether or cut it down in size. Or push back supper by 1/2 hour or so (if that's possible in your household).
    Anonymous

• its ok give good food no junk food my son is 6 and eat and eat and eat its ok
    rose1967

Answer by rose1967 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• eating small portions every 3 hrs is fine..make lunch 1 sandwich with sides like maybe carrot sticks with dip
    from-nj-to-az

Answer by from-nj-to-az at 3:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2008