Vegas Weddings??

Has anyone got married in Vegas? If so, I want to know the details about it...I really dont want to get married in a church so if I dont do it outside, I want to go to Vegas. How was the experience? The price? The memories?? I want to know...

ariel_n

Asked by ariel_n at 11:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Jamaica is a great place to get married! It doesn't have that tacky Vegas feel and it's a wedding and honeymoon all in one!! Just wanted to throw that out there!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Vegas isn't tacky!
    Anonymous

• The drive thru chapels and getting married by Elvis? Sorry, but that's tacky in my book.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Vegas is NOT all about drive through chapels and getting married by Elvis. I would know, since I was married there. It was a lovely ceremony, and the reception was an absolute blast. And guess what? If Elvis is what you want, it is not tacky, it's fun. Weddings do NOT have to be all high tone...it isn't about the flowers or the location or who performs the wedding, it is about the people getting married. If they're Elvis fanatics and want an Elvis wedding, who are you to judge them as being tacky?
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Oh, and no, Elvis did not perform our ceremony. I didn't think of it until after.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• And who are you to judge me for thinking that Elvis weddings are tacky?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Well, I didnt want Elvis to marry me or drive thru the isle...But I know there is more to Vegas weddings than Elvis and tackiness...I'm sure I could have a beautiful wedding in Vegas, I just wanted to know if it was something you would recomend others to do. No one is judging anyone--Isnt the category Just For Fun!!
    ariel_n

Answer by ariel_n at 1:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I tottaly agree with jespeach , My friend got married in vegas and they had a blast... I feel bad for those people running around planning their wedding for years, driving themselfs crazy over details. Here's how her wedding went : they took 2 couples of friends along to vegas, they staed at the homymoon suit. upon arraival they got catalogs with dresses,tux,and next morning everything they piked out was delivered right to their room, after lunch they got dressed and whent to get married! after they drove everywere took pictures(they had a photographer) had a very fancy dinner and partyed! She said it was so much fun! and i've seen pics, they are amazing!
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2009