Precancerous cells!

I had a colposcopy and biopsy done and the nurse mentioned precancerous cells that were very mild. I'm getting laser treatment done and she said it should clear that right up. Is there anything to worry about? This is bugging me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Health

• PREcancerous only means that if left untreated there is a possibility, not a surety, that you could develop cancerous cells in the future. Physicians like to remove them so that you and they will not have to worry about them.
    My father-in-law gets precancerous moles on his arms, back, and face all the time from being in the sun so often and just has them removed. Cancer does run in the family, but he refuses to hole himself up in the house.
    Just keep your appointments with your physician for regular paps for whatever time frame he wishes and don't worry about it. If you worry you will give yourself a stomach ulcer.
    {{{HUGS}}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Actually, it is pretty silly of me to tell you not to worry. Of course you will worry. I'll be praying for your comfort and ease of mind. In spirit I'll be holding your hand during your procedure. Take care sweetie.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009