friend just oh so excited....

I am just coming out of a pretty bad relationship, I am not a single mom with no help from my babies father. anyways, my friend is in a new relationship and just OH SO HAPPY and rubbing it all up in my face!! What do I do??? Its my best friend but she is pushing me away the more she rubs it in my face!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Take a break from her. Focus on your children and yourself. The more space you put between you, the less the differences in where you are with relationships will matter. Keep in touch and when you are back in sync, things will be better. If she asks you why, tell her you are happy for her but trying to take a break from the whole relationship thing. Tell her your in a different place.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 12:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• This is one example of why some of my "best friends" are internet only friends! LOL! Women can be VERY catty and competitive! Someone who rubs their happiness (or whatever they have that you don't have) in your face, is NOT a true friend.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Would you want your friend to not talk to you about her life? Be happy for her, she's not trying to be happy just to upset you. I doubt she's deliberately trying to "rub it in your face", she's just excited, the same way all of us were with a new relationship, new baby, house, car or other things.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I agree with lorikeet. At least with cyberfriends you can close down the message or get pissed and delete them for a while! LOL

Answer by admckenzie at 12:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I think you're projecting your own insecurities on her. Does she have to be miserable right along with you to be your friend? She's not going to be going through bad times at the same time as you all the time. Get over yourself and be her friend.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 12:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Not for nothing but someone you want to call your bestfriend would...
    never rub anything in your face..
    I would reconcider giving her that title..and tell her you are happy for her
    and take care of yourself...I would stay away from her for a while and if by chance she asks you
    why, personally I would tell her the truth. Noone says she has to be miserable, but once again a freind would never rub anything in your face.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I think you should tell her that although you are extremely happy for her and her new relationship, that you are still bummed about your failed relationship... and at times you feel a little bit of envy that you can't share those same feelings with her... if she is a true friend she will understand, and back off a little.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• ok be honest, is she really rubbing or are you being oveerly sensitive? Sometimes when we are down it seems like other peoples happiness is being rubbed in our face. If you are true friends then you should be happy for her and not be selfish and make her feel bad because you are not experiencing the same happiness right now. If she is really rubbing...then try to distract her with other topics but if you want to keep your friendship I am afraid you are going to have to pull up the big girl panties and be happy for her regardless of your present circumstances.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2009