What do you do when you can't take your baby with you?

I've got to run an errand that I can't take my baby with me. I have no one that will come watch her for even half an hour and my hubby is at work until tonight. It's something that HAS to be done today. What would you do?

Asked by srhmldndo at 12:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know about you, but if this was something that didn't happen often, my husbands boss would allow him to come home for half an hour. You could try that if you haven't already =]

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• why can't you take your baby?

• call and see if it can wait or find a way to take the baby with could get in serious trouble for leaving the baby behind..and if something bad happened you would never be able to forgive yourself

• Well, if it HAS to be done today, and there's noone to watch the baby, it looks like you're going to have to take her with you. Sorry!

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I have often been in that predicament, as my husband was deployed and I lived over 2,000 miles away from any family and had just moved to a new military town right before my husband was deployed...The only option I was left with was taking my son with me...If it was a matter of a Dr's appt. for me and he wasn't supposed to come, well, they just had to deal with it because I had no other options.

Answer by CarieP at 12:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Either take her with you or make arrangements to do it later. I can't imagine what kind of "errand" there could be where a baby couldn't go with...

• There isn't really any place that I *can't* take my baby. If it's an apt then they deal with it.. If it's something like an MRI.. i reschedule for when I can have help.

Answer by celticreverie at 12:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I take my LOs with me. My ds can walk so he holds my hand and my dd gets wrapped up ( ot slinged up) and usually falls asleep.

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I would call and say I'm bringing the baby with me...if they said no, then I'd tell them to reschedule me until I can have someone watch the baby.

Answer by Pollymom at 1:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2009