Newborn hungry all the time?

My 1week old wants to eat every two hours two ounces is that ok?

Happy2bemom969

Asked by Happy2bemom969 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They usually are hungry all the time....I would just feed him whenever he wants - as much as he'll eat.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 12:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• normal. My dd ate like that for awhile (I nursed) and she out grew it.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• If that's what he (she?) wants, that's what she needs....feed on demand.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• yup. both my kiddos were like that. In fact my DD still nurses every 2 hours and nurses for a half hour or so at a time.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• That's fine as long as he's not spitting it back up. He's probably going through a growth spurt; my son ate a lot then, too, but he backed off after about a week or so.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• that is exactly what my son did for the first couple months. he wanted to eat every 2 hours. even through the night. i fed him when he was hungry....after all 2 or 3 onces isn't a lot of liquid, body digests it quickly! especially if you are breast feeding. even when his onces increased it took time for him to wait 3 hours to eat. he is only 23 weeks and still eats every 3 to 4 hours. he just recently started sleeping a 6 hour stretch through the night, then eats 7 to 8 onces and back to sleep he goes until morning. you will learn their little schedules and needs very quickly!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2009