How can I get rid of moth ball smell on clothes?

We have some baby stuff in storage and we put moth balls in the bins, but now I need to get those clothes out of there. We did take the moth balls out after I found out how harmful they are, but I need a safe solution to get rid of the smell. Any suggestions on what really works to get the smell out?

mom2rjn

Asked by mom2rjn at 12:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• ummm....wash them?
    Anonymous

• I'd recommend buying some Febreeze Odor Eliminator Laundry spray and soaking the clothes in that, then washing them like normal in the washing machine and then repeat the cycle again. It may take awhile and seem kind of inconvenient, but it works great. You could also try getting a mothball deodorizer. I know they sell them at Target, and I think it's made by a company called Smell Ease or Smelleze or something. Good luck!
    NFLplayerswife

Answer by NFLplayerswife at 1:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• wash them. that should do it. you can try soaking in woolite too.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 6:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2009