At what age can you let a child start sleeping with a pillow.

I know babies can't because of the risk of suffocation. So what age ? Oh, by the way i didn't know what catagory to put this in so i just choose babies to see what moms of young kids are doing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We started at about 10 months, I think? Don't remember for sure but know it was shortly before a year. They were out of the crib at 15 months.

We put in a pillow when we noticed they were balling up their blankets and sleeping on top of them. lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My dd was co sleeping since she was 2 months old, so she occasionally was on our pillows.. but when she got to be around a year was when she had her own pillow.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• my dd fell in love with one of my sisters cushi(SP?) pillows while at her house once. so my sister gave it to her and she has used it ever since. she as 4mold at the time. I figured it was safe becaus eit dont have all the cotton stuffing in it. She is 12m now. With my son we gave him his own at like 8m. he is 2 1/2 now and likes to use a BIG stuffed dog for his pillow even though we just got a new bed set and pillow for him he still uses the dang dog!
    Anonymous

• we cosleep and it seems that the second my DS could move he was stealing my pillow and kicking off the blankets! I think he started at 6 months ( we was crawling at 7 months and walking at 9) and he could shove the pillows away if he didn't want them. I think it should be safe them they can roll over (or away) from the pillows. =)
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• my daughter (11 months) sleeps better on a pillow but when i put her to bed i take it out!
    sweetheart254

Answer by sweetheart254 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I'll be giving my son (19 months) a pillow when we move him out of his crib, which will be in the next month or so.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2009