How can I make a nine month old eat baby food?

ambree

Asked by ambree at 6:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can skip it if your baby doesn't like it. Just start feeding your baby soft foods like macaroni or steamed vegetables cut in small chunks. Of course cheerios too. Anything soft that you can squish against the roof of your mouth with your tongue will be okay for your baby. Just make sure you know what to do if she is ever choking. All moms should know this anyway. Baby Heimlich.
    http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/choking-rescue-procedure-heimlich-maneuver-baby-younger-than-1-year
    ArtC

Answer by ArtC at 6:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• It's okay to delay solids until one year of age, so I wouldn't force your child to eat the baby food if s/he doesn't want it. Or you can do as ArtC said and skip it, my son hardly ate any baby food we went right to mushy whole foods.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• why not start with a fruit baby food, banannas or applesauce. You can use it with the cereal in the morning. Igave a little cereal and fruit on the same spoon. See which fruit the baby takes too. Then start with vegetables and fruit the same way. Plus I would give the baby a plastic toy to play with, its easy to wash after a feeding. The baby will play then you get a spoonful ready. I would feed her, she was so into the toy she never notice what food I gave her. But if she really hated it, she stop playing and let me know. Another thing I did is made soup which I puree to make the same texture as baby food. I knew what was in the the puree, beef, potatoes, carrots and squash. Just remember the doctors do not like you giving table food to babies. Plus you do have to learn the baby Heimlich if you do so.
    Anonymous

• skip it and start real food
    chopperchic1012

Answer by chopperchic1012 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• You can invest in a Munchkin Baby Food Grinder, and give the baby food that you eat, I have made my baby peaches,sweet peas,sweet potatoes after using this, and it works.The grinder comes with recipes that the baby will love,its a lifesaver
    yrkt27

Answer by yrkt27 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 20, 2008