just wondering if I can pay a driving ticket at the court house? This is my 1st ticket and I just wanted to know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes you can pay online or pay through phone. If you perfer to go to the court thats fine too. I would ask since this is your first ticket if you could take traffic school in order for this ticket to get off your record. You are allowed to take traffic school once every 18 months.

PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Read the back of the ticket.... it should tell you what pay options the county/city accepts.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I've only ever had one and I paid it through the courthouse.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Yeah you can pay any ticker other then a DUI at a courthouse anytime before the court date. You have to pay the fine and court costs though. Call the clerk of court and give them the ticket number and ask them how much and by when can you pay to avoid court. Just remember it is pleading guilty to the offense so you will get any appropriate points on your license.

Answer by gemgem at 12:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Yes, you sure can. You should be able to get traffic school, since it is your first offense, so you might want to consider going to the judge or pleading not guilty and requesting a trial by mail rather than simply paying. That way it will not be on your record with DMV. It will cost a little extra, but it's worth it to keep it off your record, which could cause your insurance rates to be hiked up.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2009