How do you feel about transdender/transvestites using the womens batheroom and locker room facilities?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• don't care
    Anonymous

• Strictly speaking about ME going into facilities where a transgendered person may be.... I don't care. I'm the doofus at the grocery store that addresses the pretty gay cashier dude as "girl"..... "Hey girl, how are you"? LOL however, I don't think it's appropriate for children to be exposed to sharing a bathroom with someone they think is the opposite gender...I'm just saying.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I would feel uncomfortable with it. Especially if my children are with me. But I guess if they've switched gender's they have the legal right to be in there.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• So, I asked my 14yo son how he feels about using my sister's bathroom at her house because she has a transgendered roomate. He says 'Don't care...it smells nice...she has those wierd shaped bars of soap that look like ducks.' So, there ya go...
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 12:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Well being transgendered is diff then being gay. I learned that in my biopsych class. Its a medical condition in many cases that can be proven with brain imaging. Of course you will run into just the weirdos who want to dress like a woman or a man and thats the problems I think. I think if someone has a true medical condition that requires gender reassignment surgery and goes through all the screenings to get approved then sure Ill share a bathroom with them. If someone is just a freak dressing like a woman then no I dont want to. The problem with public restrooms is there will be no way to differentiate the two. It isnt like theres a bathroom cop sitting checking IDs.

Answer by gemgem at 12:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• You probably already have. You can't always tell and it wouldn't bother me.

Anonymous

• As long as they are living as a woman and are legally classified as a woman. In my area there are many men using the ladies room who are not gay or transvesties. I won't use a public restroom here anymore because of it. Men can say what they want and the mall security and cops have to leave them alone leaving women vulnerable to sick men. The actual trandsgenders are not the issue. The law in my area is flawed so any man can basically use a womens restroom. There have been a few sexual assualts and it is not safe anymore. If I have no choice I will wait in the very long line to use the family restroom so I can lock the door.

Anonymous

• Who cares?? Geez! Just go the bathroom and do your business and leave...don't worry about other people.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Yeah dont worry about it. Who cares if someones lying and a child molester using the bathroom with you. Sheesh. Who cares.
    Anonymous

• I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I think some people get the image of a drag queen when you mention transgender / vestites. I have to be honest, I don't look at other people in the bathroom long enough to tell or even to let the thought sink in. I have seen some that are very obvious, but I suppose it wouldn't bother me much.

It does scare me to think some creep would dress like a woman just to gain access to a women's restroom just for the sake of seeking out kids. But I don't leave my children unattended in the bathroom when we are out.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2009